Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A New Beginning

Hey, I’m on. To this whole new whole of blogging that has captivated the world for quite a period of time. It really took me long enough to start this blog of my own and it took be even longer thinking for an appropriate theme for my blog.


“Engineering for a better future” this exemplify what Singapore needed during the founding years of this very new nation where I was born. In the 80s and a great part of 90s, students were sent through engineering schools to be trained as engineers as they were believed to be the essential building block of a new nation like Singapore. As a result, many of my friends, colleague mates and family, including my elder brother was trained or graduated from the local university as an engineer of sorts.


I was never the type of student that fancied engineering subjects. Physics and Chemistry put me off, as a result, I chose the path less travelled against the wishes of my parents, actually it was only my mom and took a degree in Finance. Reason being that mathematics was the subject that interested most. (Not that I liked studying.)


Five years through a very bumpy career path, I realized the true meaning of “Mummy knows best”. The demands of the financial industry have brought me back to school. No more hiding from engineering subjects this time round. I took the plunge and took up a Masters Degree in Financial Engineering at the local university, which explains the title. Not sure if it’s apt in paving the way for future blog posts because while I am interested to share more finance based discussion on this blog, I would also like this blog to be a record of my thoughts and feelings. Well, no point thinking too much, just work with this.


To conclude my virgin post, I shall leave my first readers with one of my favorite quote from Albert Einstein and to quote, he said “Imagination is more important than knowledge”. The ability to apply this to the different facets of our life could bring many unexpected results. If one you could imagine how the financial markets would be 1, 5, 10 years down the road, investment decisions could be made. Lets all start imaging from this moment onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment